Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pancakes - The best thing since sliced bread

People who know me well, know by now that I am no Jamie Oliver. I hate cooking and all that comes with it. The farmer was also made aware of this fact on our second date. Therefore simple recipes are my new best friends. (The farmer must eat.)

Baking, now that's another story. It was also a big no-no until my inspiration came from BettyBakeBlog. Her recipes are mouth watering and also very easy to make. Please go and take a look!

Now, I want to get to the main story. Pancakes... Last night I had this massive pancake craving. But pancakes are topped with cinnamon sugar and sweet, not? No. The farmer then gave me a brilliant idea. Pancake oven bake. I have to share this recipe because it was delicious and I also had a few left over for my sweet tooth! (I smothered them with cinnamon sugar)

You will need:
1 pack of easymix pancake mix from Snowflake(or you can make your own)
1 packet of mince (I think of about 500-600g)
onion, spices and whatever you want to add to the mince- do not use curry- you want savoury
(you can also use a spinach, cheddar and feta filling)
white sauce
Medium sized oven dish



Method:


*Switch on your oven - 180 degrees


*Make the pancakes in a pan. Remember to toss them high into the air to turn them around!


*Prepare the mince (the farmer prepared this)


*Make your white sauce while waiting for the mince to cook. (Salt, flower and butter...not so sure, the farmer prepared this as well - told you I am not a cook!)


*Spoon the mince onto the middle part of the pancake and roll the pancake up.


*Place all the rolled up pancakes into the dish and top with the white sauce.



And voila!



2 comments:

  1. Gosh! You made me go hungry with your post. (lol)Great recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete