Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baby Makki

Yesterday the farmer "rescued" a baby Muscovy(makou) whose mother left him for dead. He was in a very bad shape and the farmer decided to put him in front of the heater. My mother instincts immediately kicked in and he was given a name(Makki), some Pronutro, water and a warm shoe box. Last night he slept in the house and this morning he looked a lot better! He was set free and is in a cage with his mother and two other siblings.

Makki yesterday

Makki reunited with his mother.
Hopefully he will make it.
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ahh this is cute! I once saved two abandoned birdies, I called them Marilyn and Manson LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little fellow. It was probably too week to follow the mother and the other siblings. I am glad they are one big happy family again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! He's still alive, but not as strong as the other two! Today I found him on his back twice and had to flip him over again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW Makki is gorgeous!! I used to have baby chicks!

    xx

    ReplyDelete