Tyger Valley Shopping Centre used to be 5 minutes drive from my apartment. And I kid you not, while I lived in Cape Town, shopping malls where a no-no on my list! They were only frequented if the hair had to be done, for gift shopping and for the odd McDonald's burger.
Nou bly ek op die platteland (op 'n plaas) 6km van 'n dorpie genaamd Heidelberg waar net 'n Spar en 'n P-E-P boutique is. Okay, okay here's a OK727 and a pizzeria as well. Ai, hoe verlang ek vandag na 'n regtige egte mall!
So I decided, coming Saturday the Corsa bakkie and I will be driving the 160km to George and it's Garden Route Mall. There's a Woolworths, Edgars, Truworths, Jeep Clothing, Sunglass Hut and and and.... a surf shop!
Kan 'n mens so kinderlik gelukkig raak om na 'n gehate mall te gaan. Ja, ek kan nie wag nie! Ek gaan 'n Big Mac en 'n Sausage McMuffin koop. Want ja, George het actually 'n McDonald's!!
Oh, I forgot there's a hairdresser too. Maybe I should book a perm and a highlight as well. Ok, joking about the perm!(Heidelberg is not big on hairdressers.) Woolies get ready for me. I want cupcakes, chicken snitchels, Nachos, Millionaire shortcake and everything else you have there!
My kredietkaart gaan verjaar!
I still love the farm life, just yearning for the finer things in life now and then!
H
PS. (Shit, I'll have to wash the Corsa. It used to be black)
PPS. Forgot about the farmer... He wants a farlooker. Hahaha.
Testing
3 months ago


Kuiken, absoluut fantasties, het hierdie een so geniet! xxx
ReplyDeleteDankie! Het nie eers by Woolworths uitgekom nie. Na my uur in Sunglass Hut wou hy net huis toe!
ReplyDelete