Friday, January 7, 2011

Disgusted

On Sunday morning I found a freaking tick nestled between my second and third toes. I can not describe how disgusted I was. It did not help that the farmer laughed his ass off. I mean shit, I come from the city, where things like this DO NOT happen. So how did this happen?

On Saturday we had a power outage because lightening struck our electricity box.  This means that I could not shower and wash between my toes as usual. We had to wash Voortrekker style with a cloth and soap in the basin! So on Sunday when all was back to normal, first thing I did was hit the shower, took off my nail polish and saw a little "pebble" between my toes. Yeah right, pebble... On Monday the doctor was phoned and I am now on anti-biotics just for in case. No symptoms of fever yet, but my toe is swollen and it's itching like mad!

My mother is in more of a state than I am and is phoning me hourly to check if I am okay. May this be a lesson. I am still in a state.


Happy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! Really never a dull moment on the farm! Hope your toe gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found the biggest, fattest tick on Knox's ear just before the holidays. I freaked! Hate those little suckers. Hope the toe gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww no Heidi!! shame, your poor toe! i thought i had tick bite feaver the other day.. as we got back from the game farm and found a bite under my arm and for the next week had a continuous head ache but thank fully it wasnt :) get better soon and have a happy weekend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. U'll be okay - Comes with territory of being a farm girl I am afraid. I have pulled countless ticks off of myself and have only suffered the fever once. Lived on a farm my entire life. Promise you'll be fine.
    Watch out for Bont Ticks they rot the skin and flesh away and there is sweet nothing anyone can do except try dry it out. Don't freak yours was not a Bont Tick, they are way more colourful.
    Your dogs will bring the ticks close to home and especially lazy dogs get bitten by Bont Ticks because they track carbon-dioxide and if a dog lies in one place to long that's how they get bitten.
    Prevention is better tha cure - FRONTLINE FRONTLINE FRONTLINE. Even if you're as paranoid as me you are bound to get the little straggler. Like I said, comes with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to check my toes to make sure I don't have one here! :)

    ReplyDelete