Wednesday, November 10, 2010

5 minutes with... Sid from Verbal Diarrhoea


Today you meet Sid from Verbal Diarrhoea!

Who are you and where in the world are you?
Kane, Sid Kane. Shaken not stirred. Born in Cape Town. Still living here.

Likes?
Hooker heels, tall Canadian men who love to write, Florence and the Machine, Grey's Anatomy and dancing like a stripper ...
Dislikes?
Taxi drivers. Every morning I pray to God/The Universe and ask that he wipes them off the planet. I'd dedicated a number of blog posts to the scourge that is taxi drivers.

Dream destination?
Dude, I have a list of like 20 places that I'd like to travel to. Right now I'd love to travel on a Dhow to some of the islands in Mozambique. (Last week I wanted to cycle across Cuba.)
Most embarrassing moment?
Would you believe that I don't have one? Yeah, I didn't think you'd buy that. Okay, how about the one time I was gossiping about a colleague via email, and instead of sending the email to my friends, I sent it to her. The girl then marched straight up to my office, tears in her eyes, printed email in hand and asked, "What is this???" I was frigging mortified. I mean what exactly do you say in response to that??? I felt so bad that I actually considered quitting.
Any Quotes you live by?
“We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to swift today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug until we can’t anymore, until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin meant: That knowing is better than wondering. That waking is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst mistake, most intractable mistake, beat the hell out of never trying.” ~ Meredith Grey (Grey’s Anatomy)


Would you also like to feature in a "5 minutes with"? Please leave your email in the comments section and I will contact you!

4 comments:

  1. Love this "5 minutes..."
    Sid, you are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very entertaining 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Sid your most embarrasing moment is hilarious and my worst nightmare.

    ReplyDelete