Monday, October 11, 2010

Memorable moments

They say "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number", but in my younger days I would have literally done anything to win a bet. I once jumped of Dreunkkrans in Hermanus(21m high) for a dinner in the Spur. Only when I hit the water I realised that it was a stupid thing to do. Any case, hit the water with my legs in a horizontal position and spent the rest of the December holidays with purple and yellow legs. In my 20's I had a 500cc Honda road bike and my mother's nerves were shot for a year. A friend crashed it for me, probably a good thing..

Nowadays I am scared of horse riding and getting on a bike is even worse. Can it be age? Do any of you also have these symptoms?

While going through some "old" photo's, I stumbled upon some of my memorable "daredevil" days pics:

In the lion's den - Sun City. The "cubs" were three months old

Touching elephants in Knysna

Bridge jumping- yes that's me flying through the air


Paris 2006 -Yes, went all the way up, but today I'm scared of heights!

Must say: Will still touch lions and elephants, but Bridge Jumping, NEVER again!

Are you still a daredevil and what crazy things have you done?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done on bridge jumping! That's the one thing I'm not sure i'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to touch snakes when I was a little one, then, all of a sudden I developed this intensely hug phobia of them. Can't even look at one on TV. Bridge jumping, hectic! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's crazy! I am a complete sissy but well done for living la vida! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I'm loosing weight, I want to do stuff like this. Have not done anything like this before. Maybe that's why I want to do it nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it’s not just in my head. I find that I have become overly cautious with age. Where I once bungee jumped at Victoria Falls (then the highest in the world), did a bridge swing at Gourits and was a WP Rock climber, I am now terrified of heights. We did Leeukop the other day and I completely freaked out at the chains part. Same with swimming, ankle deep, nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. am so jealous. would love to do stuff like this. definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments guys! Glad Im not the only one getting all sissy in age.

    ReplyDelete