I've been in love with an old man,
for 34 years,
he's been there through the sorrow and through the tears,
through the happiness and fears.
I've been in love with and old man,
they call him Santa Claus,
why you ask, just because,
I'm a poet,
and I did not even know it!
I absolutely love and hate this time of year. I love it because it's a time of giving as well as receiving. I hate it, because it brings back memories of loved ones that are not with us anymore. Yes, Christmas is the only time of the year where I can laugh the one moment and cry the next.
| On Santa's lap as a 5 year old |
That is all for now, because today I am crying for all the Ouma's and Oupa's, all the dogs, the uncles and aunts and friends that are not with us anymore but never forgotten.

Aw I know what you meant sweet. Sending you big Christmasy hugs x
ReplyDelete