Monday, September 27, 2010

Long weekend on the farm

What a relaxing weekend we had. Luckily I took some pictures, because all I can remember of the weekend is food! 

Friday:
Baked(tried at least) some Red Velvet flop cakes. The farmer had two and decided after the third one that they were a complete flop. They collapsed just after I took them out of the oven...The rest was given to the family who works on the farm and Miem told me later that the children loved them! 


A visit to the neighbour who was busy milking...yes wait for it...a goat!!!! This was a first for me, so I had to snap away. They are going to make goat's cheese. Had a taste of some, and it's not bad, but still prefer cheddar!


Saturday:
FarmGirl had a bit of "Mall fever" so we set off to George. All the old favourites I have missed so much! Edgars, Woolworths, Sunglass Hut, Jeep and and and...


Could not resist the Vogue's from SGH...
An awful picture but I was busy driving and had to take the picture to MMS to a friend.


FarmGirl is a huge Jeep fan.

Some home made Nachos that evening

Sunday:
Spent some time with Dora. The farmer bought her for me as a birthday present in March. She is still very young and busy learning, so I have have not yet been on her back...



When is the next long weekend?
xoxo

10 comments:

  1. You have a horse??? That is awesome! Cupcakes look good!

    P.S. Next time you're in Cape Town you should visit the Jeep factory store. You'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farm girl I think your cupcakes look divine!! And the nachos do too....I kinda need a long weekend that lasts about 5 - 7 days. Where can I get one of those?? hehe

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby: Yes, she is adorable! Named after my grandma, Dora. Where is the Jeep factory store??!!!
    Carrie: If only they tasted as nice as they looked. Your long weekend sounds awesome. If you get one of those let me know too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! You have a horse! How awesome!

    Also, you have me craving cupcakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your horse Heidi, milking a goat I have seen before, not sure if I will drink the milk though, guess I will.

    Dit is tragies van daardie kinders op die dump, hulle ouers moet geskiet word, die bliksems.

    Ek lag vir jou foto by die braai, daardie hond agter jou le so lekker en slaap... alles lyk so rustig, ek sal my linker oogtand gee om op 'n plaas te bly.... (gelukkig het ek 'n goeie tandarts wat vir my 'n brug kan insit)

    Ek moet vaderlik met jou praat, dit is baie gevaarlik om te bestuur en kiekies te neem, moenie weer nie hoor.

    Jy moet jou week geniet, laat dit goed gaan en groete. (weet nie vir wie nie, ma dis die idee wat tel.)

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cupcakes still look good. My brother makes them and said they can be really hard. Apparently if you don't have an electric beater, don't even bother.
    that picture is making me crave nachos.
    damn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cupcakes and nacho's look mouth watering!! I CAN'T believe you have a horse Heidi!She is beautiful!!! you are soo VERY lucky! i used do show jumping and absolutely love horses!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh your horse dora is gorgeous - wow that is so cool. I used to ride and wish i could still but stabling etc... costs a fortune when u don't have your own farm :)
    your cupcakes look cute :)

    happy Monday
    Betty Bake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colin: The milk tastes a lot like cow milk, just not that creamy. Sal nie weer fot's neem terwyl ek bestuur nie, belowe!
    Skinny Bitches: Yeh, it was damn difficult. Took two hours to prepare and then a major let down of a flop!
    Anthea, Miss Molly and Betty: So glad you share my love for horses. Have always wanted one but also could not afford while I lived in town. The farmer made my year with her as a present!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cupcakes look awesome though! And so do those nachos, yum! Nice sunglasses too - sounds like it was a great weekend for ya x

    ReplyDelete