Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cupcakes and a new giveaway

After the big Cupcake flop this weekend, FarmGirl decided it's time to get a proper cupcake recipe book. (Just for in case and because the farmer and I are cupcake addicts!)

One lucky reader can win "500 Cupcakes" by Wendy Sweetser to join the cupcake revolution.


HOW TO ENTER:


1. Comment on this post and tell me what your favourite cupcake is.
2. Blog/tweet about this giveaway for an extra entry (let me know what the link is to your blog post or tweet as a separate comment)

T & C's:
*Unfortunately open to SA residents only
*Giveaway will end on Friday, 8 October and winner will be announced on Monday, 11 October.

More on 500 Cupcakes:The title offers over 500 mouthwatering recipes in their category, covering a comprehensive range from the traditional to the trendy, the healthy to the decadent, and the everyday to the spectacular. Packed with ideas for every occasion, they are filled with suggestions and tips to ensure easy, fuss-free entertaining.

29 comments:

  1. My favourite cupcake is a vanilla cupcake with a rich vanilla icing. I dont know why but i just love how simple and yum they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcake freak over here! :)

    My favourite cupcakes are classic "Mom-made" cupcakes with green icing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tweeted :)

    http://twitter.com/Miss_Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab comp!
    My fave cupcakes of late are red velvet cupcakes but I also love the wicked chocolate ones from Charley's Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a Cosmopolitan Cupcake - pink inside, made with vodka & pieces of cranberry, topped with a lime icing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH me me pick me! LOL! My current fave is red velvet! And the Oreo ones from Tribeca! YUM! Hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cupcakes :)
    My favorite ones are rich dark chocolate ones which are moist inside and have really dark rich icing - num num num
    oh darn now i think i may need to bake! thanks Heidi - hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a cool giveway, but i'm afrain if I win, I'd get seriously fat! I can't say no to cupcakes, so imagine having a recipe book for 500 different cupcakes! Heavenly!

    I love chocolate cupcakes or blueberry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just tweeted about the comp and included you in it.
    http://twitter.com/JuicyJemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm.....Cupcakes....
    Divine and delicious in every shape or form!

    My recent obsession with Red Velvet Cupcakes aside, I do love a dark, moist chocolaty one with an even more chocolaty icing....I'm getting quite hungry thinking about it... :)

    Also on a mission to find a recipe for the yummiest, most chocaholic cupcakes and finish them off with black icing and a chocolate skull on top! (Guess who watched the Top Billing insert on Cox Cookies and Cake...?!)

    Cupcakes. Yum. I think I'll have to go have one now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I tweeted :D

    http://twitter.com/Konfytbekkie

    Bring on the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite cupcakes are those small ones from Woolworths with the butter-frosting and caramal! Always a treat if someone brings them to work or to a girl's night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tweeted, but my tweets are protected, so you won't be able to view them:

    http://www.twitter.com/marsunet

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW can you believe it,500 different cupcake recipes,this is fantastic!! My favorite cupcake is a carrot cupcake with cream cheese icing, or a red velvet cupcake:) Yum!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Farmgirl - FAB FAB book, I'm steadily baking my way through it. Favourite so far is the White chocolate cupcake with strawberry icing.....and now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have a fave cupcake! I love them all, I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a cupcake addict and would seriously bake my way through that book!
    My current obsession is a light fluffy lemon cupcake with a simple white icing.

    Jacci x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I looooove cupcakes! Eating them and baking them... need lots of recipes for my birthday tea party :) I love vanilla cupcakes with rich chocolate icing yummy!

    Ingrid* [I tweeted @Rooted_mag]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness oh my goodness! I actually just squealed out loud at work. Am being stared at.

    MY favourite cupcake would be the Unicorn cupcakes I had at my 21st birthday [round5] recently. But when those are not available, I love anything with caramel.

    Mmmm yum. I heart cupcakes the most.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I tweeted too. And I will keep tweeting, because Unicorns eat cupcakes all the time and a large part of their lives is, in fact, driven purely by cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love caramel and vanilla cupcakes but especially when they have astros on top!

    what an awesome giveaway! Happy Cupcaking

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://alittlemilk.tumblr.com/post/998948090/cupcake-womens-day-party

    My cupcake party, on Women's Day.

    See? I LOVE cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ps, i tweeted about the giveaway ;)

    http://twitter.com/#!/PuddleJumpBoots

    ReplyDelete
  24. i know im not residing in SA... anyway all cupcakes are my favourite cupcakes. Sigh *

    ReplyDelete
  25. http://lizekay.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-really-really-love-cupcakes.html

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. CUPCAKES! I won't let this chance go by... My favourite cupcake would definitely be DARK, RICH, CHOCOLATE cupcakes, with a Woolies Chuckel on top. :) Can't beat that...*** blog :eezi23.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a lovely giveaway Heidi! i would have to say that my fav cupcakes are Lola's cupcakes from Selfridges in London.. you can get mini ones so that you can taste all the flavours! yum!

    xoxo
    missmollyfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete