Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Give something back

Before starting with this very sad post, I want to say a huge thank you to Glossary Girl! Just won an awesome beauty hamper on her blog!

Now, I firmly believe that if you get, you must give back. A friend of mine just sent me this very sad email. At first I thought it may be a hoax, so I phoned the SPCA and the story is very true. The SPCA in Brakpan went to their local  rubbish dump to feed some stray dogs and instead found three children under the age of ten years left there to fend for themselves. Their parents are drug addicts and apparently the children were in the way of their daily fix.

I seriously cannot believe that parents can do this. There are people out there who are dying to have a child but can't and these mongrels just left their children on a rubbish dump! The lady at the SPCA informed me that the children are now safe and in foster care, but are in need of clothes, toys etc.

How can we help?
If you are in the Brakpan area, you can drop goodies off at the SPCA or otherwise post to their address:
96 DENNE ROAD
WITHOK
BRAKPAN
1541

The little girl is three and they are unsure of the boys age. There is an older sister of 9 years as well.


5 comments:

  1. This is terribly sad. Parents like that should be shot! This disgusts me! Two weekends ago i went to a childrens home in Pretoria (my sister threw them a spring party). There were 60 kids there, all of whom had been placed there by the state because their parents were either drug addicts or imprisoned. This makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is terrible!!!

    so very sad - glad they are safe now otherwise who knows what could have happened to them

    Betty Bake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. This was very sad to me as well. Hoped it was not true, but after phoning to make sure I could kill parents who do this to their children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no words!!!!!!!!!! I want to cry. I am one of those mothers who struggled to fall pregnant and I now have the most beautiful little 4 year old boy. I can not imagine my life without him!!! How canparents do this to their children? Here I am, longing for another child and struggling once again to fall pregnant... I wish I could have all 3 children!!! I will love them and look after them as if they were my own... The parents should be locked up for life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so sad when people choose drugs over their children! I hope that these children are placed in homes with people who love them.

    ReplyDelete