Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ystervark!

It's 30 May 2012. Time 03h00. Wake up to the hysterical barking of dogs. The farmer grabs a flashlight a dashes out of the house. I hear him yell, and not sure if we are being attacked, I grab the safe keys, but then decide to rather run outside, before I shoot myself in the foot with a 9mm. (By now I am shaking)

Vegter, the oldest boerboel comes around the corner with probably 10 quills stuck in his leg. The adrenalin starts pumping. Then Bliksem comes running home and I nearly faint. His face is covered in quills! I manage to remove all of them, not sure if the Porcupine(you probably guessed by now) ate the farmer... Unfortunately one of them managed to pierce Bliksem just below his eye. Blood everywhere. Unfortunately the farmer had to kill the "poor" Porcupine, as he can easily kill a dog with those razor sharp quills. According to him, Bliksem stormed the rodent and as soon as he saw Bliksem, turned himself and Bliksem ran smack bam into his backside. Now just hoping Bliksem will not lose his sight in the one eye.


Some of the quills I removed.
Next part is NOT FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS.

I have never heard of someone that eats porcupine meat, but our farm workers love it! The farmer gave them the porcupine, and tonight they will be feasting... (Eeuk!)


Mandela busy preparing the feast.

Enjoy the rest of your week. YAWN. Need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment